Expert Air Conditioning Repair Near You
The Best 24/7 AC Repair Services in Charleston
Ensure your AC unit runs all summer reliably with quality repairs from Fix-it 24/7. With over 20 years of experience, our seasoned HVAC professionals will help you, 24 hours a day. So contact us today and put your home in great hands.
Why Fix-it 24/7 for AC Repair
As locals, we know that HVAC systems are critical to your home’s comfort, so our technicians are available 24 hours daily to repair and maintain your a/c system. We appreciate your trust in inviting us into your home and business, so we hire the most knowledgeable and dependable professionals to ensure you are taken care of. Here are the guarantees that back our projects:
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair Services
AC repair can be a frustrating hassle for both the inexperienced and experienced. Our goal at Fix-it 24/7 is to use our years of experience to help simplify home repair so you don’t have to worry. Our prices are highly competitive to ensure that you pay an affordable rate. If your Air conditioning system experiences these issues, call us immediately:
- Indoor air is stale or has a mold-like smell; this is the result of a lack of cold air
- Areas in your home will feel colder than others
- Rising electricity bill
- Pools of water appear under the ducts or drain tubes
- The thermostat isn’t working
- Your AC unit is suddenly much louder
- Weak airflow
Should I Repair Or Replace My AC Unit?
If you meet any of the following conditions, consider replacing your unit rather than attempting repairs:
- Your air conditioner is already over 10 years old.
- Your unit needs frequent repairs, which are adding up in cost.
- An expensive part, such as the condenser, is wearing out.
- Your energy costs are skyrocketing.
- The size of your system no longer meets the demands of your home.
Air Conditioning Repair Services
As locals of Charleston, we understand that the summer heat can be quite uncomfortable and that your airflow system is crucial for both summer and winter. However, if you want to ensure the longevity of your AC unit and get the optimal efficiency out of it, you need Fix-it 24/7 24/7. We are a family-owned, full-service HVAC company that provides the following services at an affordable rate:
- Air conditioning repair, maintenance, tune-ups, and inspection.
- Ductless mini split repair, maintenance, tune-ups, and inspection.
- Thermostat maintenance, and inspection.
- Forced air system maintenance, and repair.
- Ductwork inspection and repair.
Common AC-related Issues
AC units are complex systems that can break down and malfunction if not properly cared for. Here are some tell-tale signs that something is wrong with your AC system:
- Indoor air is stale or has a mold-like smell.
- Areas in your home will feel colder than others.
- Rising electricity bill.
- Pools of water appear under the ducts or drain tubes.
- The thermostat isn’t working.
- Your AC unit is suddenly much louder.
- Weak airflow.
When should I call for AC repair/replacement services?
Sometimes an air conditioner will give out with no warning or produce subtle signs that there is a problem. Call a professional if you notice any of the following:
- The unit is not turning on.
- Airflow is warm, not cool.
- Rooms are experiencing uneven cooling.
- The temperature on the thermostat doesn’t match the indoor environment.
- The air conditioner is constantly kicking on or never turns off.
- There are musty or burning smells blowing through the vents.
- There are loud banging, screeching, or knocking noises coming from the unit.
- The unit is leaking coolant and/or water.
When you hear strange noises, turn off your unit immediately and contact a professional; otherwise, running your unit with a loose or broken part can cause further damage to the unit. Musty smells can be a sign of bacteria growth that could cause allergy symptoms, so contact a professional to remove smells, bacteria, and other allergens from your ducts. The sooner problems are dealt with, the greater the life expectancy of your unit, so be sure to have a seasoned professional like Fix-it 24/7 check your system periodically to ensure your unit’s and your home’s health.
The Importance of Professional AC Repair
Maintaining an air conditioner can be complex and time-consuming. With many moving parts, you need to ensure that everything is in proper working condition to guarantee the longevity of your AC unit and prevent safety hazards. The process also reduces heating and cooling costs as the unit runs much more efficiently with greater reliability. To further ensure long-term reliability of your air conditioning system, check out our expert AC maintenance services. If repair just won’t cut it, check out our AC installation and AC replacement services!
We're Happy When Our Customers Are Happy!
The short answer is no. Even if you understand the basic premise and are experienced with the technical aspects of the installation, AC units comprise multiple electrical components that add additional risk for the inexperienced.
It is not difficult to install if your ac unit is small, such as a single room or apartment. However, if you want a central AC system, this process is much more involved and complicated, involving manual labor and heavy equipment lifting.
Your air filters should be cleaned and inspected every 3 months to ensure proper performance.
Yes, a multi-split unit is difficult to install and should only be handled by a professional.
On average, an AC conditioner will last between 10-15 years. However, if properly maintained and with regular check-ups, some can even last up to 30 years.
How Can Fix-it 24/7 Help?
Let us know how we can help you below. A member of our team will call to schedule a time. Getting started with us is that simple, really.
We look forward to serving you, neighbor!