Are you experiencing allergy symptoms at home such as sneezing, coughing, or other respiratory issues? If so, your AC unit may be the culprit. A dirty air filter in your AC system can lead to poor indoor air quality and worsen allergies or even cause illness. At Fix-It 24/7, we understand the importance of clean air in your home, and our AC tune-up services can help keep your system running smoothly. In this blog, we’ll explore the link between AC repairs and allergies and answer the question, “Can a dirty AC filter make you sick?”
How to know your AC filter is dirty?
It’s essential to keep an eye on your AC filter to ensure that it’s clean and functioning correctly. Here are some common signs that your AC filter is dirty and in need of replacement:
- Visible dirt and debris: If you can see dirt and debris caked onto the filter, it’s time for a replacement.
- Increased dust and debris around your home: If you notice an increase in dust and debris around your home, it may be a sign that your AC filter is not trapping contaminants effectively.
- Reduced airflow: A clogged AC filter can reduce the airflow from your vents, making your home feel stuffy and uncomfortable.
- Unusual odors: A dirty filter can cause unusual odors to circulate throughout your home.
If you’re unsure whether your AC filter needs to be replaced, it’s best to schedule an appointment with a professional AC repair technician.
Issues caused by dirty AC filters
Dirty air filters can cause a variety of issues in your home. First, they reduce the efficiency of your AC system, which can result in higher energy bills. Additionally, dirty filters can cause your AC unit to overheat or malfunction, resulting in the need for costly repairs. Poor indoor air quality is another common issue caused by dirty filters, which can exacerbate allergies and other respiratory issues.
Why are AC repairs important for health?
Dirty AC filters can cause a variety of health issues that can have a significant impact on your overall well-being. Here are some of the health issues caused by dirty AC filters:
- Allergies: Dirty AC filters can circulate allergens such as dust, pollen, and pet dander throughout your home, exacerbating allergy symptoms.
- Respiratory Issues: Poor indoor air quality can lead to respiratory problems, including coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath.
- Infections: Dirty AC filters can harbor bacteria and viruses, increasing the risk of respiratory infections such as bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Headaches: Exposure to pollutants in the air can cause headaches and migraines.
- Fatigue: Poor indoor air quality can also lead to fatigue, difficulty concentrating, and other cognitive issues.
Regular AC repairs and filter replacements are essential for maintaining clean air.
When to schedule AC repair
If you’re experiencing allergy symptoms or notice reduced airflow or higher energy bills, it’s time to schedule AC repair. Additionally, it’s best to replace your AC filter every 1-3 months, depending on usage. Scheduling regular maintenance with an experienced technician can help catch issues early on and prevent costly repairs down the line.
The Importance of Regular AC Maintenance and Filter Replacement
In conclusion, it’s clear that dirty AC filters can have a significant impact on your health. Fortunately, Fix-It 24/7 offers expert AC repair services to help keep your system running smoothly and maintain a healthy home environment. Our experienced technicians can diagnose any issues with your AC system and provide effective solutions, including regular filter replacements and maintenance. Don’t let a dirty AC filter make you sick – contact Fix-It 24/7 today for reliable and effective AC repair services.
Check out our Google Reviews!