With many moving parts and complicated systems, air conditioning units can be quite a hassle to install, but don’t worry; Max’s Fix-it 24/7 is here to help. With over 20 years of experience, our HVAC professionals understand how to work with every make and model available. So contact us today to upgrade your AC unit and enjoy your summer worry-free.
Why Max's Fix-it 24/7 for AC Installation
As locals, we know that HVAC systems are critical to your home’s comfort. Therefore, our technicians are available 24 hours daily to help install and maintain your AC system. We appreciate your trust in inviting us into your home and business, so we hire the most knowledgeable and dependable professionals to ensure you are taken care of. Here are the guarantees that back our projects:
Should I Repair Or Replace My AC Unit?
If you meet any of the following conditions, consider replacing your unit rather than attempt repairs:
- Your air conditioner is already over 10 years old.
- Your unit needs frequent repairs, which are adding up in cost.
- An expensive part, such as the condenser, is wearing out.
- Your energy costs are skyrocketing.
- The size of your system no longer meets the demands of your home.
Air Conditioning Installation Services
As locals of Charleston, we understand that the summer heat can be quite uncomfortable and that your airflow system is crucial for both summer and winter. However, if you want to ensure the longevity of your AC unit and get the optimal efficiency out of it, you need Max’s Fix-it 24/7 24/7. We are a family-owned, full-service HVAC company that provides the following services at an affordable rate:
- Air conditioning installation, maintenance, and inspection
- Thermostat installation, maintenance, and inspection
- Forced air system installation, maintenance, and repair
- Ductwork inspection and repair
Common AC-related Issues:
With regular use, your AC unit will begin to malfunction if not properly cared for. Here are some signs to watch out for:
- Indoor air is stale or has a mold-like smell
- Areas in your home will feel colder than others
- Rising electricity bill
- Pools of water appear under the ducts or drain tubes
- The thermostat isn’t working
- Your AC unit is suddenly much louder
- Weak airflow
When should I call for AC repair/replacement services?
Sometimes an air conditioner will give out with no warning or produce subtle signs that there is a problem. Call a professional if you notice any of the following:
- The unit is not turning on.
- Airflow is warm, not cool.
- Rooms are experiencing uneven cooling.
- The temperature on the thermostat doesn’t match the indoor environment.
- The air conditioner is constantly kicking on or never turns off.
- There are musty or burning smells blowing through the vents.
- There are loud banging, screeching, or knocking noises coming from the unit.
- The unit is leaking coolant and/or water.
When you hear strange noises, turn off your unit immediately and contact a professional; otherwise, running your unit with a loose or broken part can cause further damage to the unit. Musty smells can be a sign of bacteria growth that could cause allergy symptoms, so contact a professional to remove smells, bacteria, and other allergens from your ducts. The sooner problems are dealt with, the greater the life expectancy of your unit, so be sure to have a seasoned professional like Max’s Fix-it 24/7 check your system periodically to ensure your unit’s and your home’s health.
The importance of professional AC repair
Maintaining an air conditioner can be complex and time-consuming. With many moving parts, you need to ensure that everything is in proper working condition to guarantee the longevity of your AC unit and prevent safety hazards. The process also reduces heating and cooling costs as the unit runs much more efficiently with greater reliability.
We're Happy When Our Customers Are Happy!
The short answer is no. Even if you understand the basic premise and are experienced with the technical aspects of the installation, AC units comprise multiple electrical components that add additional risk for the inexperienced.
It is not difficult to install if your ac unit is small, such as a single room or apartment. However, if you want a central AC system, this process is much more involved and complicated, involving manual labor and heavy equipment lifting.
Your air filters should be cleaned and inspected every 3 months to ensure proper performance.
Yes, a multi-split unit is difficult to install and should only be handled by a professional.
On average, an AC conditioner will last between 10-15 years. However, if properly maintained and with regular check-ups, some can even last up to 30 years.
How Can Max's Fix-it 24/7 Help?
Let us know how we can help you below. A member of our team will call to schedule a time. Getting started with us is that simple, really.
We look forward to serving you, neighbor!