It’s that time of year when the summer is settling down and the weather is getting cool. This can only mean its time for end of summer ac service maintenance. Because the kids are heading back to school, houses are beginning to become empty during the day, which means it’s time to consider turning your thermostats down.
Transitioning from the cooling season to the heating season also means taking care of any ac service maintenance tasks that you may have put off. Taking a few minutes to make follow these air conditioner tips below will ensure that you get the most out of your last weeks of summer.
Tips For End of Summer AC Service
- Close your shades and blinds during the day. This will help keep the sun’s heat from raising the temperature in your home. It will also help ease the load on your air conditioner and allow you to save energy while you’re not at home.
- Use your ceiling fans more often. Transitioning to a season like fall is the perfect time to take advantage of energy-saving tips that remove a strain on your air conditioner system. Typically, when you run your ceiling fan, you can turn your thermostat up 4 degrees without feeling a difference in temperature.
- Change your air filter. You should change it monthly anyway, however it’s very important to do it after summer. Summer is one of the seasons that your air filter gets dirty the fastest. That’s because your air conditioner is running almost non-stop so airborne particles are constantly getting trapped in the filter.
- Clear debris from your outdoor condenser unit. If you haven’t checked it all summer, the right time is now. With all the wind storms and summer activities like mowing the lawn can cause all types of debris to build up on your unit and restrict its airflow. Make sure to clear any visible debris away and consider cleaning the air conditioner unit with a brush or vacuum.
- Schedule preventive maintenance for your furnace. The end of summer and the beginning of fall is the perfect time to begin thinking about getting your annual furnace maintenance. This will ensure that your furnace is ready for winter and will prevent it from breaking down in the middle of the season. – connectbuildingservices.com
Max’s Fix-it 24/7 Heating & Air operates 24 hours a day, always ready to assist you with any heating and cooling needs you may have. We are a family owned Air Conditioner & Heating business and offer a Comprehensive AC Service in Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester as South Carolina’s Top Choice!.